Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Doily For Mom

Doily For Mom

     When ever I receive the Handy Hands Newsletter, I would call my mom up and we would look through it together.  She gets hers a day before me.  We were thumbing through the  newsletter and she gasped at this pattern....WOW.  She had sent me some size 10 crochet thread, from Germany, a few months before, to try tatting with.  There is a gold filament on the thread.  The pattern was from the Sp/Su 2012 newsletter, "Tatting By Penelope, Bk 5", Oval Mat.  This was done, in time for their Anneversary.




87 of 100 Motif Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. wow this is really nice, I keep all those patterns to and do have a list on those to, but I have overlooked this one, thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is really nice, I keep all those patterns to and do have a list on those to, but I have overlooked this one, thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a pretty pattern! I'm sure your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to try my hand at this pattern but can’t seem to find it, any help?.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was the very first doily I tatted back in late 1980s!!! I did it in single colour - ivory, but yours is so much more beautiful in 2 colours ! So glad to have found the source - hmmm a 1920s pattern !

    ReplyDelete